Remember when your mother used to tell you to sit up straight, or you’d hurt yourself? Well, surprise, surprise, she was right! Not listening to her instructions is probably one of the reasons why today you suffer from chronic pain in your neck and back or even the cause of your constant headaches.
Bad posture can be one of the worst things for your health if left unchecked. Research has shown that it can lead to various problems such as chronic pain, back and neck pain, headaches, and much more. To make matters worse, many people don’t even know they have bad posture until their doctor points it out!
Avoid A Bad Posture
The Repercussions Of A Bad Posture
Having an improper posture can lead to the experience the following effects.
- Chronic back and neck pain: A poor posture can lead to putting stress on your back, neck, and shoulders which can cause tension and stiffness in your muscles, and that leads to feeling this annoying constant pain.
- Bad blood circulation: Having your muscles and joints tighten because of a bad posture can compress the arteries, which reduces the blood flow throughout your body and makes your heart work harder than it should.
- Improper lung function: Chest breathing and poor posture are not a good combination. This can weaken many muscles of your upper body and prevent your lungs from inflating properly and fully.
- Digestive system problems: When you slouch, you are compressing your stomach and digestive tract. Doing this constantly can lead to difficulties in processing food correctly and nutritional deficiency.
- Constant headaches: An improper posture can lead to neck problems that commonly result in headaches. These headaches happen because of muscle tension on the neck and jaw muscles which can cause pain to radiate over to your head.
Were you able to identify more than one of these on yourself? If so, chiropractic services are what you need!
Chiropractors are experts at diagnosing the root cause of this issue by looking at spinal alignment alongside other factors like diet and how much exercise you get each day. They will then use hands-on treatment techniques known as adjustments or manipulations to realign these areas and function properly again.
Slouch No More
Your posture is one of the most important things you can work on to improve your health. It’s not just about how it looks or if people are judging you for slouching all day at work, but also because poor posture can lead to more serious issues down the road like the ones we mentioned before. If this sounds like something that may be impacting you, don’t hesitate to look for reliable chiropractic services at Leigh Brain and Spine. You should see an improvement within just one visit!