Sit up straight! You probably heard this phrase a lot when you were a child and got annoyed by it. The truth is that it wasn’t a matter of looks or attitude; it was more about your overall health. Having a bad posture can have serious consequences that you might have noticed, but it never came to mind that it was because of that.
Symptoms Of A Poor Posture
As you get older, slouching and inactivity can lead to muscle fatigue and tension and develop a bad posture. Symptoms of a bad posture usually include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Poor sleep
- Digestive problems
- Muscle fatigue
- Rounded shoulders
How To Fix It
You’re certainly tired of feeling fatigued all the time. Here are some ways you can relieve the pain and improve your posture.
- Avoid slouching!: A slouched posture puts additional strain on your spine. The bones, muscles, and joints you use to keep your backbone in position are all subjected to strain. A consistent slump compresses your inner organs together, making it more difficult for your lungs and intestines to function.
- Stand up straight: Stand up tall and proud. You’ll feel better and look better. Pretend to stand against a wall to measure your height, then hold your head straight and tuck in your chin. Straighten up, so you feel like your head stretches towards the ceiling.
- Sit up straight: Put your back against your chair. Take a small, rolled-up towel or lumbar cushion and place it behind your mid-back to protect your spine’s natural curve. Bend your knees at a right angle with your legs at the same height as your hips. Place both of your feet flat on the ground.
- Stretch constantly: If your work involves being all day sitting down or standing up looking at a screen, or doing paperwork, you need to consider stretching your body every 30 minutes. Stand up and stretch your arms, legs, back, and neck for two minutes and then return to your duties.
- Double-check your position as a driver: Do you get any neck or back pain when driving? A bad seat position and the stress it takes to contribute to your muscular pain. Use a pillow or lumbar cushion for support, and make sure your seat is close enough to the steering wheel to avoid reclining.
- Visit a chiropractor ASAP: Chiropractors can not only help relieve your back and neck pain but also give you a hand (or, in this case, two) to fix your bad posture. At Leigh Brain and Spine, we offer reliable chiropractic services in which your posture will first be examined. Your joints will be carefully adjusted as needed, and end the treatment with some exercises and rehabilitation. Our specialists will also give you advice on how to fix your posture according to your daily routine.
Wave The Pain Goodbye
If you have developed a bad posture over the years, and the symptoms have gotten worse, it is time you make your way towards Leigh Brain and Spine clinic! Satisfaction and pain relief are guaranteed with our non-surgical procedures to adjust your spine and joints back to how they should be.
Our chiropractic services have helped many people like you, suffering from fatigue and aches for a long time, gain back their happiness and well-being.