The great Michael Jordan once said, “Since I’ve been a chiropractor, I’ve improved by leaps and bounds both mentally and physically.” when asked about his experience with chiropractic therapy. If you’re a sports fan, you can agree that his game is never off!
As passionate about sports and all the adrenaline and action it includes, it is important for you to know that chiropractic services are not limited only to fixing injuries and relieving pain but, as Mr.Jordan said, to improve your overall performance in whichever sport you practice.
This blog post will tell you all there is to know about sports chiropractors and how you can benefit from them.
What Is A Sports Chiropractor?
Let’s begin by defining what exactly a sports chiropractor is. Chiropractors who specialize in sports/athletic performance injuries specialize in determining and treating these kinds of injuries. They are skilled at developing treatment plans that allow athletes to return to play more quickly after sustaining an injury.
Is it different from a traditional chiropractor? Sports-related injuries or the need for enhanced athletic performance might be treated through a variety of treatments, including myofascial release, athletic tape, and stretching, as well as adjustments. Traditional appointments for these therapies generally last between 20 and 30 minutes, different from a 5-minute adjustment with a traditional chiropractor.
Benefits For All Players
Here are 5 benefits every athlete can get from chiropractic services:
- Prevent injuries: A sports chiropractor keeps the musculoskeletal system on its best performance so that the body is less susceptible to injuries. Diagnosing and giving treatment as soon as possible can help reduce the risk of getting injured badly while out on the field or in court.
- Recovery takes less time: The most common injuries on athletes are strains, sprains, and splints. Chiropractors ensure that every bone and every line of tissue has proper space and receives the correct blood flow.
- Pain relief: Spinal manipulation reduces chronic pain and restores the body’s natural alignment and optimal nervous system flow while relieving pain symptoms. Chiropractic treatment accomplishes all of this, making it a fantastic method for athletes to recover from injury and get back to the game.
- Improve performance: Athletic performance can suffer due to a misaligned spine or knee injury. If you get regular chiropractic care and adjustments, it keeps your spine functioning smoothly and your body working properly.
- It is a drug-free solution: Drugs are not the best option for athletes. We have seen many cases where these carry on to an addiction that can end up running your career. These don’t help heal faster but mask the pain. A chiropractor helps athletes heal faster and without the use of any drug or invasive procedure.
Get Your Head In The Game
If you’re all about your career as an athlete, then visiting Leigh Brain and Spine is something you must add to your training sessions. Dr. Cosmas Leigh is ready to receive you with his extensive experience in treating mechanical and neurological problems. Just one session, and you’ll start feeling a lot better and notice your improvement when going back to training and playing. We offer you reliable chiropractic services in all of Chapel Hill. Your body couldn’t be in better hands.
If you want to be the next Michael Jordan, you’ve got to improve your game with our chiropractic services!