Feeling overwhelmed and want to know if Neurofeedback will treat your anxiety?
Perhaps, it feels like nagging thoughts and constant worrying will never fully go away. It probably feels like you cannot turn your brain off. You’re restless, you can’t sleep, and you can’t focus. Your anxiety won’t leave you alone.
Anxiety can be a frustrating and intrusive condition that can make you irritable and affect your daily productivity — and that’s just everyday anxiety, not a full-blown panic attack. If it goes on untreated for too long, it can have severe effects on your personal and professional life.
Maybe you’ve tried to treat your anxiety before, and it hasn’t worked:
What You’ve Tried Before to Conquer Your Anxiety
- Self-treatment: good or bad kinds. People who suffer from anxiety often self-treat, whether they do so with alcohol/drugs or through relaxation techniques and exercise. The latter methods are healthy ways to deal with anxiety, but they aren’t effective for everyone. Constantly working out and meditating with no positive changes can be demoralizing.
- Medications. Anxiety disorders are commonly treated with medicine, but these often just treat the symptoms, and many have side effects such as drowsiness and weight gain. Other medications can have severe withdrawal symptoms. It often takes a long time to find the right medicine.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy and counseling. Therapy can find the root of anxiety and help manage it, but it doesn’t work in all cases.
3 Ways Neurofeedback Is Better to Treat Anxiety
- It will literally reshape your brain, instead of masking symptoms. Neurofeedback trains you to rewire your brain to literally think differently.
- It is based on science. Neurofeedback uses a computer-based program that analyzes and improves brain activity to help you get better.
- You’ll work with a doctor who is experienced and cares. When you work with Dr. Cosmas Leigh you get top-level services with a caring team.
How Will Neurofeedback Treat Anxiety
At Leigh Brain & Spine, it is an easy and relaxing 3 step process to improve your anxiety symptoms. It goes like this:
- Have a qEEG Brain Map performed while you relax comfortably in a chair.
- See the results for yourself and know exactly what your brain needs to perform better.
- Use a proven computer-assisted technique to feel calm and focused quickly.
For more information, put your name in below and one of our caring team members will reach out to see how we can help you.