Chiropractic is for Kids.
Understanding Brain Mapping and Neurofeedback
Some people wonder why more and more parents are taking their children to have their spines adjusted. The answer is simple: whether we have a large spine or a tiny little one, if that spine is negatively impacting the communication of the nervous system our bodies suffer. Dr. Jennifer Barham-Floreani, author of Well Adjusted Babies, helps parents understand some of the benefits of having their children adjusted.
10 reasons parents take their children to see a chiropractor:
1. To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
2. To support “first-class” nerve communication throughout the body to promoting health and wellbeing.
3. To help strengthen their child’s immunity – encouraging fewer colds, ear-aches and general illness.
4. To help resolve breastfeeding issues and colic.
5. To reduce the detrimental impact our modern world has on our children’s health.
6. Encourages children to thrive by supporting digestive strength.
7. To diminish nerve interference which may impact their child’s capacity to learn and concentrate.
8. To promote body balance – helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies and bed-wetting.
9. To help kids stay fun and light hearted.
10. To help kids stay in tip-top shape.
At Leigh Brain & Spine we see kids as young as a few days old. Birth itself can be traumatic on the spine of a baby and infancy, with its bumps and falls can add insult to injury. As toddlers grow into kids, they often start to develop bad posture, play video games, start playing contact sports, wearing heavier backpacks, and deal with the stress of more daily responsibilities. As these kids become teenagers and high school graduates, they often become part of the work force. Usually acquiring jobs that require a lot of moving around and physical labor such as servers, factory workers, etc.
The professional team at Leigh Brain & Spine have children and get what it is like to be a parent concerned for your child’s health and well-being. Our exams are extensive so even if your child is too young to communicate, or too shy, we will make sure we know exactly what is going on before proceeding with treatment if needed. Call today to get your child on track for health.