Do you Struggle with ADULT ADHD?
Can Adult ADD/ADHD be treated without medication, to get rid of symptoms permanently? In one word, Yes.
Adult ADD/ADHD can wreak havoc on your professional and personal lives. The above qEEG Brain Map shows the frontal lobe using much too much slow processing speed. This underactivity (too much slowness) is like having your foot on the brake while driving. It results in distraction, lack of focus, forgetfulness, decreased productivity and the symptoms that area associated with adult ADD.
Our brain is the most complex thing in the Universe, and it will often try to compensate for this slowness and will speed itself up (like pushing the gas harder). This results in anxiousness and a busy mind on top of the distractibility. Many people develop self-stimulation behaviors such as hyperactivity or an anxious mind to offset the slowness that is happening underneath, causing stress and fatigue.
This brain pattern can be changed through advances in neuroscience and technology.
Enter Your Email in the Yellow Box Above Now to receive your FREE Report on Understanding Brain Mapping and Neurofeedback Therapy.
If you’d like the details on how it works and the science behind its effectiveness, just enter your email now and it will be in your inbox immediately.
Top 5 Warnings Signs of Adult ADHD
Often it is easier to identify children who struggle with ADHD and more difficult to pinpoint ADHD in adults. Most adults have some sense that something is holding them back from reaching their full potential. Here are the top 5 signs of ADHD in adults.
1. Disorganization.Often disorganization can cause problems at work and at home for adults with ADHD because it is so challenging to get and stay organized. Lack of organization can make it difficult to get bills paid on time, children where they need to be, and excelling at work almost impossible. An ADHD brain pattern can make it very difficult to stay organized.
2. Lack of Focus / Hyperfocus. Adults with ADHD tend to lack focus to tasks that are not highly engaging that produce stimulation for the brain and mind. On the flip side of that coin is hyperfocus to activities that do provide that level of stimulation For example, difficulty starting or finishing a project for work while being very focused on completing a video game or puzzle you are working on.
3. Marital Problems. If you have marital problems it does not automatically mean you have ADHD, however science shows that adults with ADHD have a higher incidence of divorce due to their ADHD symptoms. For example, spouses of undiagnosed adults with ADHD often mistake their partner’s inability to follow through with commitments and poor listening skills as a sign that their partner doesn’t care. Inadvertently, then the adult with ADHD feels constantly blamed,nagged, and scrutinized by their partner making matters worse.
4. Stressed-Out & Restless. In children hyperactivity plays out as active physical behavior. In adults that hyperactivity is internalized into hyperactive thinking. This can cause stress and restless behavior. Adult ADHD can make you appear to be edgy and restless to others.
5. Procrastination. This is not the usual type of procrastination that many people may suffer from but of a more involved variety. Procrastinating very important tasks due to overwhelm is a top sign of ADHD in adults. Work projects, bill paying, preparing tax information all can have serious impact on your ability to achieve stability and happiness in your job, your relationships, and your life.
A qEEG Brain Map can show you if your brain is operating with the adult ADHD pattern or not. Dr. Trish Leigh will take the time to make sure you understand how your brain is impacting your behavior and more importantly, what you can do about it.
If you suffer from any of these signs and want to know if your brain is operating with the adult ADHD brain pattern, call now to find out.